Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ryan Adams to Releases Giant Box Set

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ryan Adams has announced a new limited edition box set for his upcoming album, Prisoner. It’ll come with all of the songs on the new album getting their own 7″ record and 17 unreleased b-sides. The set also comes with a play set of Adams’s stage setup and action figures. Pre-orders will go up tomorrow at noon.

[​IMG]

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I would almost get this if it included a plain 12" of the LP as well. Prisoner is really good, if not quite as immediately accessible as his last one.

3. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Has anyone ever wanted to change their record or set the needle back at the start of the same one song every few minutes? GREAT! This is for you.

Real talk: this is cool, but totally unnecessary and inconvenient.

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The individual artwork for each song on the album is pretty cool.

coleslawed and nl5011 like this.
  5. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I'd be a little more inclined to throw down money for this if it included a 12" LP (or even if it was just two LPs - one of the album and the other of b-sides).

The artwork for each 7" is cool but yeah, not into the idea of constantly flipping records every 3 minutes or so. I'm sure I'll regret passing on this one day.

spencpants likes this.
  6. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

This is insanely affordable considering all it comes with.

7. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

i wish I could throw money at this. He needs to release more of his vaulted music this way.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

I love this. Really rad release! Do you think these will all make it over digitally?

9. SVXDan83

Regular

After much debate and deep soul searching, I decided to drop the money on this set. Prisoner keeps getting better with every listen and the B-Sides are too intriguing to pass up! (Not to mention the insane 2D stage play set!) I believe the website also eludes to some other "hidden surprise" not disclosed in the online description. So, I can only imagine what that could possibly be!

Now, I'm just chomping at the bit waiting for the official release day!