Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

United Nations – “Stairway to Mar-a-Lago”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

United Nations have released their new song “Stairway to Mar-a-Lago.” Noisey debuted the track and point out that it is not Geoff Rickly on vocals:

inger Geoff Rickly has stepped down from vocal duties. But recognizing that these are dark times and the world needs UN’s brand of satirical political commentary now more than ever, the band is soldiering on and has recruited a friend to fill in on their new song, “Stairway to Mar-a-Lago.”

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

*cough* *cough* Daryl Palumbo *cough* *cough*

Kingjohn_654 and joey-wan kenobi like this.
  3. This is what we need

4. silentc

Regular

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. inagreendase

I know that's a first-instinct guess but that should kinda be eliminated once you actually listen to the song.

A friend guessed Kathy from Circle Takes the Square, which seems pretty logical.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. Derek

Get stung

Circle makes sense. I was thinking dude from blood brothers but have only listened for 20 seconds

7. ANTEMASQUE

Definitely not blood brothers. In a way it does sound like Daryl. Also sounds like kathy. I'm leaning towards Daryl though.

8. Derek

Get stung

Yeah after listening to song twice I got away from BB. Song is great whoever is singing.

9. TheZeroKid

I'm Not Holden Caulfield Prestigious

Wait, does this mean Rickly's out for good? That sucks.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This sound a lot like Daryl

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

yea vocalist aside, song is really good

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the band isn't really a consistent band so like it doesn't really matter

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm a huge fan of Thursday but I think Rickly's easiest the weakest part of UN. I like the vocals on this track slightly more, but still the weakest part.

Non vocally, this band is sooo good. Wish they would find a vocalist that doesn't sound like they're whispering into a distortion pedal.

ibanez966 likes this.
  14. Saephon

Regular

One of the only good things to come out of today. This was desperately needed.

15. water & solutions

I used to be love_american_style

Nah...this band is all about how it doesn't matter who is in the band. The silver lining here is that with Ricklys departure, brightens the opportunity of more Thursday activity. IDK tho...not really sure what their status is of late. I noticed the reunions and that's it.

ANTEMASQUE likes this.