Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI Perform on Kimmel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Steven Suarez

That Fucking squawk.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Kinda surprised Davey still screams for "Miss Murder". Doing the bridge from the UK single version seems like it'd be way more their style these days.

4. thecobrakais

Regular

that was awful.

5. Sybil Jan 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 19, 2017)
    Sybil

Regular

Alright......imo.....they've gotta stop. This is just cringe. They've been getting slowly more cringe since after DU, they've lost their edge.

I had high hopes for Blood album(Idk why honestly), was disappointed.

What is up with Davey's stage presence nowadays? The limp-handed prances, the terrible squeals, etc, he's been doing for the past 5 years(that he basically switched over night to).....just so bad and doesn't work for him at all imo, just feels so forced/fake. That's never how he was(even during their blowup phase of STS and DU). His current stage vibe makes me think of a poor man's Gerard Way. Feels like a hack.

Sorry, if this came off as harsh. Just how it feels. I was a huge AFI fan up until Crash Love, they havent won me back since.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Hate to say it but I pretty much hate all the lyrics I've heard off this album. And how Davey finishes off like every line. Still cautiously looking forward to tmrw, almost guaranteed it will have to grow on me for me to like it.

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

sheesh tough crowd

8. bloodinthesand

Regular

Davey is such a "rockstar" now

9. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Hating Crash Love, I get. But Burials didn't do it for you?? Burials is what got me back, and the songs I've heard off Blood are making me really glad that I got tickets to see AFI with Nothing next month. :)

js977 likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Describing stuff as "cringe" is cringe

11. Sybil

Regular

But he's not pulling it off at all currently. Feels forced. His stage presence years ago felt way more natural imo. This was just weird to watch for me, I dont know.

12. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

It's a live television performance for (what I imagine) is a small room full of non-fans. Can't imagine they put their all into it.

13. Sybil

Regular

Yeah, you're right. Idk, just was commenting on this performance at first....but also his change somewhat over recent years a little also. The difference between Pre-Crash Love era stage presence and Post-Crash Love is very apparent imo.

14. Steven Suarez

Except their shows are no different.