Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Japandroids Stream New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Japandroids’ great new album Near to the Wild Heart of Life can be streamed below. The album hits stores on January 27th.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Fixing to give this a listen. Very excited.

3. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Just finished listening and I did like it. Do I wish this was Celibration Rock pt2? Yes. But I also like this. I might REALLY like this. Will do another listen tonight.

4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I really dug this on the first listen through. I like that it eschewed from the previous sound a bit while maintaining the integrity of their sound if that makes sense. I will definitely see myself giving this more listens in the future. This, Code Orange, and the Menzingers is a really nice way to start the year. Really making me forget about that You Me At Six album pretty quick.

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I was never a huge fan of Celebration Rock, but I'm loving this one instantly.

6. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Holy shit. I honestly dont think anything will eally top this record for me this year. Id say its up there with Celebration Rock (which is probably going to end up as my album of the decade).

I like the slight shift in sound. I think if theyd just done a repeat of celebration rock it wouldve gotten old fast.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  7. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This is Celebration Rock with a bit of spit and polish. And I'm fucking thrilled.