Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘La La Land’ Soundtrack Lands at Number Two on Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The La La Land soundtrack has hit number two on this week’s Billboard charts. The Weeknd remains at number one.

Meanwhile, following La La Land’s big night at the Golden Globe Awards, the film’s soundtrack flies from No. 15 to No. 2. Starboy earned 63,000 equivalent album units (down 10 percent) in the week ending Jan. 12, according to Nielsen Music, while La La Land jumps to the runner-up slot with 42,000 units (up 83 percent).

2. I just noticed that the soundtrack, to my wonderful surprise, was topping the overall Amazon music charts. Here's hoping it gets to #1 next week!

3. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Wow, it took a while but this movie is REALLY catching on. I was one of their first followers on Twitter.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Noice

5. CMilliken

Trusted

Great soundtrack. I've streamed it a few times. Wouldn't mind eventually picking it up on vinyl.