Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s “She’s Out of Her Mind” Reaches #1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Blink-182’s “She’s Out of Her Mind” has hit number one at alternative radio. You’ll find the current top thirty below.

[​IMG]

2. Crazy that COIN is doing so well. Good for them! Also, I'm surprised to see a few bands here that I've never heard of. Might need to do some research.

Fox83 likes this.
  3. Joseph Pepe

It's going to be another massive year for Blink. Super stoked. Seriously though they need to release "Sober" as a single this Summer. First Blink song in years that has cross over potential.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

The more I think about their deluxe record, the more I think they should just put it out as a new record with the amount of songs there's gonna be.

5. DooDooBird

Trusted

I don't listen to the radio anymore so I never know what's popular. Nice to see them doing well without Tom.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. Fox83

Trusted

They've been on a heavy rotation on Sirius/XM's Alt-Nation. I hear it almost any time I turn that station on. My wife said she actually heard them on local FM radio as well, which is crazy to think about, especially where I'm at in the mid-west.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Good for the band. People really seem to dig this record. I just thought it was ok. In terms of this song specifically, something about the second half of the chorus just doesn't feel right to me, but I'm clearly in the minority with that opinion.

8. Colbag68

This record definitely grew on me. I love how skiba and marks vocals mix together. Skibas second verse gets stuck in my head all the time

9. Bear

Bear the dog. Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix

I can't remember what interview it was, but I think they said that chorus was a combination of a couple different ideas they had written for it so if it's sounding off to you that actually kinda makes sense. I personally think it works and I love the song but for some reason I always hear Tom during the "we all need something to live for" and forget he's not in Blink for a second.

10. AMC

Regular

If you had Sirius you would. This is basically alt nation playlist

11. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Makes me happy that it's 2017 and I can still hear new singles from Jimmy Eat World and Blink on FM rock radio, not that I listen to radio much in general in this day and age.

12. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Thanks for pointing that out! I will take it and run with it haha. Basically, that third line I don't like how the melody changes. I know it needs to change some, but I just don't like how they did it. I also figure it can't change much because they want it in there for the Bauhaus reference, so it's really a "me" problem". I really thought when I first played the song I would really dig it, but the chorus just pulls me out of it. Same with No Future.

13. Yeah, I don't listen to any form or radio. But usually I keep up with the industry enough to have heard OF the artists before! hahaha. Maybe I should just put my pride on check and come to grips with the fact that I can't know everything...

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I hated & skipped over this song when the album first came out, but these days I can't get it stuck out of my head.

15. testtime

Regular

i can't listen to this song. it sounds so young. I'm embarrassed that blink created a song like this, and feel worse that they like it so much that they thought it would make a good single. I'll say this again Los Angeles is the only proper song on the album. Home Is Such A Lonely Place is an acceptable choice after LA

16. AMC

Regular

Haha funny you say that. I feel the same way
    My wife is always like you don't know that song?
    I know about all the new music by the bands I know, but so many new bands pop up that I don't know about. Ugh

Chase Tremaine likes this.