Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tonight Alive Are Working on a New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. tomtom94

Trusted

Man, Limitless only came out this time last year. Guessing the response wasn't what they were hoping for.

I could see what they were going for on that album (it reminded me of 5 Seconds of Summer), but it just felt kind of flat, and extremely weak lyrically. The only song that stuck with me was "How Does It Feel" and that was basically their token old-school TA song, and maybe "Waves"...which never made it to radio.

Will be interesting to see where they go on new material.

EDIT: Actually, could they be recording for a deluxe edition? That would make more sense.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm hoping that the "it's that time again" quote means it's for a new album, but we will see! Really hoping to get into their next one more than the previous!

4. farva2

Regular

Last album was kinda dead on arrival. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

5. Limitless was one of the worst records of last year, and I was rooting for them. I really like the lead single "Human Interaction" still, but the rest was just hard to get through. Really hoping this is a new record and a new sound for them.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. OdeToTheSun

Ø

I don't hate Limitless like everyone else seems to, but it's definitely their weakest album. I'll agree to that.

tomtom94 likes this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Wonder what their reasoning was for going in the new direction on Limitless; if it was purely an internal decision, or if there was any outside pressure/advice on that

8. Limitless sounded oddly dated. At times it felt like I was listening to a early 00's post grunge record, and not in a good way.

9. Chinesefood

Regular

Hoping it's reminiscent of their Consider This EP.

10. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Highly doubt that, they're so far removed from that.

I really can't get past their new 'conscious rock', 'self-empowerment' thing. I suppose it would appeal to some people but for me I just want them to write some banging tunes and not preach to me.