Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

“Weird Al” Yankovic to Release Career-Spanning ‘Squeeze Box’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

“Weird Al” Yankovic will be releasing a career spanning box set on November 24th.

Legacy Recordings, home to definitive releases by the world’s foremost recording artists including Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Presley, Pink Floyd and Miles Davis, proudly presents Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of “Weird Al” Yankovic, a career-spanning box set of all fourteen of Al’s studio albums, remastered for CD and 150-gram vinyl, and lavishly housed in an exact replica of the artist’s signature accordion.

2. Tater Tot

This is a massive endeavor.

3. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I need this more than I need oxygen.

4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I wish they'd post the track list to the rarities record. Cannot fathom spending this much on records I would listen to occasionally at most.

5. aniafc

Trusted

Who asked for this?

6. btr

Trusted Supporter

Apparently a lot of people because they sold out of the 27 $1,500 test press editions already

7. aniafc

Trusted

Yikes

8. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I kinda want this for the packaging alone but not for $300. Loved Weird Al back in the day but can't see myself spinning this now. Awesome idea though.

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

$300 is totally a fair price and all for 14 LPs, given the packaging and the notes. Weird Al's one of those artists though whose releases are really hit or miss. If I bought this, I'd listen to some albums waaaay more than others.

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

NOVEMBER 24TH? As in this is month old news or 11 months away?

11. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

the OP was from january of this year. this came out last month

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Why did this show up top news in the news forum? So weird... sorry.