Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross Score Ken Burns’s ‘Vietnam War’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross will be scoring Ken Burns’s Vietnam War.

“The Vietnam War,” which premieres in September on PBS, will ultimately feature more than two cumulative hours of original music from Mr. Reznor and Mr. Ross, along with reworked bits from Nine Inch Nails songs and their scores for “The Social Network” and “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.” Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble also contributed music to the documentary, while era-defining hits from the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and more will be used as well.

2. I'm so familiar with The Social Network's soundtrack that it would be super distracting for me to hear one of those pieces in a different movie.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Ive never been more excited for a documentary. His Civil War one is my favorite ever snd I watch it every other year. Vietnam is endlessly fascinating to me.

4. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

I am and it is.

Although the song in the opening credits (A Familiar Taste) fits in so god damn perfectly.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. Wow this is an old comment. Hilarious. How's the documentary?

6. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Sorry, I was searching for a thread and didn't find one for the show.

It's very good. Know a gal who's uncle is heavily featured in a few eps still to come, so it's been on my radar for some time.

Chase Tremaine likes this.