Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Add New Songs Into Setlist

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day added some new songs to their set list at their first 2017 European tour stop including a Rolling Stones cover. You’ll find the full set list below.

Set List

1. Know Your Enemy
    2. Bang Bang
    3. Revolution Radio
    4. Holiday
    5. Letterbomb
    6. Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    7. Longview
    8. Youngblood
    9. Welcome to Paradise
    10. Brain Stew
    11. Jaded
    12. Christie Road
    13. Burnout
    14. Scattered
    15. Hitchin’ a Ride
    16. Waiting
    17. Are We the Waiting
    18. St. Jimmy
    19. Basket Case
    20. She
    21. King for a Day
    22. Shout / (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
    23. Still Breathing
    24. When I Come Around
    25. Forever Now
    Encore:

1. American Idiot
    2. Jesus of Suburbia
    Encore 2:

1. Ordinary World
    2. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly pretty close to the Green Day setlist I would want. Hopefully it'll be similar to this when they come to Wrigley.

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

Doesn't look crazy different than what they've been playing lately...was hoping "Somewhere Now" and "Say Goodbye" from the new album would make the cut. Glad to see they're still playing "Letterbomb" and "Waiting"!

4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I really want to see "Outlaws" on their new tour setlist at some point!

5. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Hope it's similar to this all the way in September when I see them. If so, I'll be VERY happy.

6. Larry David

Dredg username? Amazing

OdeToTheSun likes this.
  7. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Yep! Catch Without Arms is my favorite album by them.
    My mom introduced me to them actually, haha.

8. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Amazing setlist! Never seen Christie Road or Burnout live. Or Warning for that matter, does anyone know why they don't play that in concert?

9. Neon Light

rage and love

I can't get over how good Forever Now is live.

10. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Can someone please explain to me why they insist on playing King For A Day followed by Shout? They've been performing those two songs back to back for 15 years...

domotime2 likes this.
  11. Neon Light

rage and love

The only possible explanation is that they enjoy it. No one else does that's for sure.

pauljgreco and skogsraet like this.
  12. StoJa9

Regular

The first time I heard "Forever Now" I was like this is going to be a concert closer for sure. Glad to see they agree!

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They shouldn't even be playing Know Your Enemy at all any more, but fuck opening with it, especially when Bang Bang would be such a good opening song.

Awesome setlist besides that though, and they added Minority back into the set on the second night and added Nice Guys Finish Last too

14. Neon Light

rage and love

It was a big mainstream single, of course they're going to play it. It's also pretty good live but agree it shouldn't be the opening song.

15. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Seeing them twice this year far apart from each other. All i ask is for Christie Road once!

16. Larry David

That's Awesome, I got into them when El Cielo had just come out they opened for the Deftones and I left that show and couldn't stop talking about how awesome Dredg was

17. Larry David

"Know Your Enemy" is a terrible song, and even worse opener. Backing your post hard right now

tdlyon likes this.
  18. Larry David

"King For A Day" has run its course, agreed.

pauljgreco likes this.
  19. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Counting Shout and Satisfaction as separate songs that's 30 tracks -- pretty awesome.

20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Know your enemy blows but that's a good set

Steeeve Perry and truelovewaits like this.
  21. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Don't understand all the hate for Know Your Enemy. It's a weaker single, sure, but it's rah-rah enough that it can kick off a show and provide fans of 21CB a single song; otherwise, nothing from that album makes the set.

I don't disagree that Bang Bang would be a much better opener, but Green Day is in the lucky position of having almost any one of the songs on this setlist that would start the show like a bomb going off.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  22. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I'd take almost any song off 21CB over Know Your Enemy but the title track would be my choice if they're going to choose one.

domotime2 and truelovewaits like this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Somewhere Now from the new album could make an awesome opener too, it would be quiet and then explode in the chorus like the title track from 21CBD did

domotime2 and heymattrick like this.
  24. princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

I saw the first concert of the world tour in Turin four days ago. It was a very good concert! I enjoyed waiting, letterbomb, jaded and forever now a lot!
    I'm just back from the Milan concert. It was a similar concert but they added 2000 light years away and minority.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  25. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I thought Green Day could do absolutely no wrong until Know Your Enemy dropped.