Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Queens of the Stone Age to Release New Album This Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mastodon’s Troy Sanders let it slip to Rolling Stone that Queens of the Stone Age will be releasing a new album this year:

Otherwise, we wouldn’t dedicate the first week of 2017 to working on this band. For example, Queens of the Stone Age, Mastodon and At the Drive-In have all been recording, and we all have new records coming out this year. We’ve all been extremely busy writing and recording, and we’re about to get super busy touring the world. So I believe we’re all fulfilled to a certain degree with all we have going on.

2. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

/begins playing Songs for the Deaf

SamLevi11 and James McKenzie like this.
  3. James McKenzie

How do I chorus.fm?

I was just talking to a friend the other day about how Songs for the Deaf is a near-perfect album and how great it'd be if they were to start making new music soon. Here's hoping 2017 can match 2016 in terms of music releases.

4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Oh yeah, die-hard QOTSA fan, my parents as well. I like videos of Josh Homme angry.

5. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Last album was pretty good. Definitely amped for this.

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The last album was the best since Era Vulgaris, I think. Excited for sure.

7. Slave to the Grind

I think this is speculation on Sander's part. According to Leeuwen, QOTSA is hitting the studio early this year. I'm not saying it won't come out this year but there is a chance it will be a 2018 release.