Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Josh Balz Leaves Motionless in White

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Josh Balz has left Motionless in White. A statement from the band and Josh can be found below.

Motionless in White:

MIW fans, As of today, we regret to announce that after 10 years of time spent with the band, through the highest of highs and lowest of lows, Josh Balz will be departing from Motionless In White.

After many discussions and time spent searching within himself over the past year, Josh has come upon many discoveries of who he now is as a person, and what is truly important to him regarding his future. We respect and whole heartedly understand his decision, and while we are sad to see him go, wish him nothing but great things in the future with his family and pursuing his new dreams and business endeavors. For more information from Josh directly, please visit his twitter @Joshbalz.

Regarding our touring schedule, we will be performing on the rapidly approaching “The End Is Here Tour” exactly as planned, now with a keyboardist to fill in. We will also be playing every show around the globe that we have announced thus far and continuing to tour strongly onward after what has previously been announced.

Regarding our new upcoming record, “Graveyard Shift”, everything is also still exactly as planned, and will be releasing this year on Roadrunner Records.

Thank you, Josh, for your years of dedication in helping MIW become something we only dreamt of being when the band started. It has truly been a pleasure to have shared the road with you and to have so many amazing stories and memories to look back on through it all. You will be missed.

Josh Balz:

Never did I think this day was going to come. It was 10 YEARS ago, a full decade, that I joined a group of friends who started a music project called Motionless in White. I was 16 years old and had the whole world ahead of me, and together with the guys we managed to explore a ton of it. It’s crazy how fast time goes, and how much I’ve learned and grown over the past 10 years. I will never regret anything that has happened, and will forever cherish so much of this journey, especially all of the people and the dedicated fans I got to connect with along the way, but with that being said it is time for me to depart from Motionless In White. This year a lot has changed in my life from The Strange and Unusual growing immensely, to MIW signing to a major label, and a million other things that altered my life for both good and bad. Ive learned so much, and now understand on a new level what it is like to really experience life struggles, what is really important to me, and in this discovery and self reflection I’ve found myself. I’ve always been the one to go out and talk to and hangout with fans, as all of you know… but this past year I was honestly just hanging on because I felt I would let everyone down if I left. Im finally ready to refocus my time to worry about myself, and what I really want, and what makes me happy. And in that, I understand that it is time to stop being a part of MIW. It’s funny how after all of these years, I feel MOST connected to our fans, and truly understand their struggles and connect with them more than ever. And with this realization, comes my exit. The bottom line is, you have to do what makes YOU happy. We all have one life to live, and we can’t live it for anyone else. I know this news may disappoint some fans, but this isn’t a bad thing. I’ve grown up with all of you, and this is just the next chapter for me!

I’m sure this will not be the the last you see of me in the music Industry, and you guys know where you can always find me! Keep staying strong and fearlessly following your dreams, wherever they may lead you. Thank you for the most amazing 10 years. Here’s to the next chapter!

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Seems a cool statement. I think the last two records this band have put out surprised me, by being somewhat enjoyable, and I think they have the potential to grow into a really good metal band.

3. [​IMG]

4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Is there any way to contact the band? I play keyboards and could fill in eventually.

jorbjorb likes this.
  5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Tweet @ them, that's bound to work

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

That would be fucking amazing if this works!

7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I tweeted them, wish me luck! I liked Balz because he didn't have a massive setup, just one keyboard I think(and maybe some sampling, could be totally wrong)but I'm a bit of a keyboard viruoso lol.

8. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Haha I know you're probably joking, but I tried. I could definitely do what Balz did and I do like their music.

9. Behind the Barricade

Dude, just start doing keyboard covers of their songs and tag them everywhere. You never know, Chris could be on YouTube at 3am looking at your videos. Hell, it worked for Journey haha

10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Good advice! It'l be hard to find the exact sounds Balz was using, I have an older, much more elaborate KORG Triton. Turned down the drumming position for Breathe Carolina years ago b/c of anxiety, I WILL NOT make that mistake again.

11. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

It's early and I thought it said Joan Baez left motionless in white. Hmm, that'd be something..

12. Behind the Barricade

Well, you'd be jobless right now if you took that gig haha. MIW is at the top of their game right now so unless something horrible happens, you'll be fine! I think if you hit the right notes, keep the melody in the right time and someone discovers you, you might get a tryout! Worst case scenario is if you upload the videos and link it to your solo project, you'll get a couple hundred more ears on your material.

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Do it. This band are looking like they're only going to get bigger.

ConArdist likes this.
  14. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I contacted their management and tweeted to them, nothing yet. You are very correct, I'm a fan of MIW because they can get a metal crowd hyped like a rapper would. Sky's the limit.

15. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Thanks for all the advice and kind words! I can definitely get a couple keyboard lines down from their singles so I gotta get on that. I love the chorus community supporting each other like this.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. Behind the Barricade

Of course man! There were a lot of shitty people on AP but it seems like everyone is on the same page here. Let me know if you need any promotion on my end. We just got 3k more likes on FB in a little over a month (all legit), around 35k on Twitter and we're getting a stronger YouTube presence. My only favor in return: when (not if) you get the gig, you gotta help me do guest screaming for 570 on an NYC or NJ gig. Here are my qualifications:

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

You're too kind! And wow, one hell of a cover! I'm just contacting them like crazy, and I am an electronic artist with over 50k fb likes. I greatly prefer the heavy scene, how could you help promote an electronic/dance artist? I could use the help!

18. Behind the Barricade

Thank you! We basically invented this music video cover thing we're doing. It's pretty cool that we're the first or one of the first to do this. EDM is tough to promote. The only thing I would suggest is to put your mixes everywhere. YouTube and SoundCloud are popular but look into podcasts. A lot of big time acts like Tiesto and Dada Life put new mixes every so often on iTunes. There's really no copyrights or restrictions when you do it that way. Also, I always toyed with this idea with a band but I'll give it to you since you're a one person DJ. See if you can get 2 of your friends to help you with this. Have one drive in a heavy traffic area and have another one film you do a live set from the backseat. You can also get people's reactions when they drive, whether they're interested or disgusted haha. Live stream it on YouTube or FB and then upload the live mixes. It'd be something different and you could be known as the "Rush Hour DJ" or whatever name you want to use. What do you think about that?

19. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

My audition for MIW. It was so hard to find the right sound, but hopefully it's not criminally bad. :teethsmile: Did it by ear.