Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The ‘Keepin’ it 1600′ Guys Launch Crooked Media

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The hosts of the popular podcast, Keepin’ it 1600, have left The Ringer and started their own media company, “Crooked Media.” Today they’ve launched their new podcast Pod Save America. The Daily Beast has more:

Just before Christmas, former Obama administration staffers Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, and Tommy Vietor recorded what would become the final episode of their popular 2016 campaign podcast Keepin’ It 1600 for Bill Simmons’ The Ringer network. Today, they are back with a new podcast—Pod Save America—and this time it is under the banner of their new company, the pointedly titled Crooked Media.

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I enjoyed Keepin it 1600 since its start, and to their credit they've done a good job acknowledging their mistakes in how they covered the election leading up to election day, and I'm not surprised they want to be more active going forward. It's a loss for The Ringer, but I'll definitely be listening in to their new podcast.

chhholly123 and Jason Tate like this.
  3. ManBearPuig

I liked Keepin it 1600 and generally agree with most of their viewpoints, but they lost a ton of credibility with me for how they covered the election and it has made it hard to listen to them since then.

I'll give the new pod a shot though.

4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I'm curious in which way they lost credibility with you? And I'm not intending the question to start a debate about whether they should have, because it's totally fair for you to feel that way - I ask because I can think of a few potential reasons why, and I'm curious which one(s) impacted you most.

5. Zip It Chris Jan 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2017)
    Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Love every word they've ever said about anything ever...new pod is much the same, just new intro music.

I would like to see more across the aisle discussion, maybe with guests leaning right. Many of their discussions would be great with an opposing view present as I would love to hear reactions.

6. ManBearPuig

There were a few but one of the main issues I had was how dismissive they were of Trump's campaign and how they never really talked about it in a substantive way. The conservative pundits that they had on their podcast were pretty much in agreement with them that the Trump campaign was a joke and they never entertained the possibility that he could be elected. I don't think there was one person they spoke with that thought he could win and when he did they seemed unsure of how to deal and seemed like a deer lost in the headlights.

Since the end of the election, I found myself listening to the Axe Files for more political based discussions as I believe that he (David Axelrod) brings on more guests to balance the show and gives everyone an equal platform whether or not he agrees with their ideologies.