Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gerard Way Blogs About 2017 Plans

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Gerard Way has posted an update on his website for his plans in 2017. It looks like we’ll be getting some new music along with all the other creative shit Gerard always thinks up:

Music—I’ll start with my music. I am always writing music, I am very lucky that way—there is always an idea and something that inspires me, even if it takes me a minute to figure out what I want to say, which is what really creates the space between releases. I am about to convert a structure on our property into a recording studio, which actually won’t take a lot of work as the space is already pretty perfect. Great drums sounds and church ceilings. Secret echo chambers. I look forward to making some really weird stuff here, and mine for the really hard to get diamonds.

2. James McKenzie

How do I chorus.fm?

This man has such a lovely way with words, always hooks me in whether it be through his social media updates, comic book work or musically. Really nice paragraph on Carrie Fisher and George Michael as well. Very excited to see what he brings us this year, Hesitant Alien was a great debut.

3. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I'm loving everything out of Young Animal, so it's rad to see that DC is giving him so much freedom with the imprint.

New issue of Shade came out today! :D

James McKenzie likes this.
  4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Love the avatar.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Does this plan include a tour that actually includes Portland, the city you claim to love and that you were going to move to but didn't come to on the tour cause u hate me. Does it, Gerard?? DOES IT

skogsraet likes this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I liked his solo album significantly more than I thought I would so I'm stoked for the next one, even though it will likely sound nothing like it

7. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

He hasn't come to Denver either, and he got married here and also proclaims to love it :-/

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's a conspiracy imo!! It's almost like artists pander to whatever city they're in at the moment lmao :brokenheart:

coleslawed and heymattrick like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Maybe I'll give his solo stuff another shot. Checked it out once and was pretty underwhelmed.

10. Josh100_3

I liked his solo stuff better than My Chem. It had a really fun Bowie/Brit Pop vibe.

Dan O'Neill likes this.