Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Dec. 30th, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

It’s the last Friday of the year and there’s just not much at all coming out this week. Brian Eno’s new album hits on Monday, but beside that … it’s pretty sparse. Basically, I’m using today as an excuse to check out things I may have missed throughout the year.

You can hit the quote bubble to access our forums and talk about what came out today, what albums you picked up (or decided to listen to instead), and to make mention of anything we may have missed.

2. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Magic Chicken Fudgetoe - Bad Bondye (Noise Rock/Sludge Metal/Hardcore) - It says the release date is Dec 11th on the bandcamp, but it's "official" release is today. It's my friends band, I don't know the origin of the band name, neither does he, he joined after the band was already formed and he's never cared to ask.
    FFO: Eyehategod, The Melvins, TAD
    Bandcamp | Facebook

Sorry Jason if this isn't the place to advertise that, but given the day has little to no releases, I thought it would be okay

3. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

The final A Loss For Words album dropped on the 27th... not sure why it was a Tuesday instead of Friday.

fbrrocks and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Weird, could've sworn it was supposed to come out January 2017

5. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Nah, I remember seeing somewhere a few months ago how it was coming out the 27th. I remember thinking "great, now I may have to change my EOTY list around with 4 days left in the year... it'll be hard to give that album a fair chance before 2017 hits".

Luckily (?) it's REALLY short. 32 minutes and has like 5 guest spots on it.

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Huh, just added it on Apple Music and will have to check it out today

elemenohpe likes this.
  7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

How's it hold up to previous stuff?

8. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I like it more than Before It Caves... but to be fair, I don't think I really gave that album enough of a chance.

It's a solid pop-punk-ish / rock record but, I don't think any of their albums have compared to The Kids Can't Lose. I may be partial just because they used to hang with my old band a lot before that album dropped... they'd go on tour and stay at our house for a couple days and play a few shows with us and they were genuinely some of the most fun, relate-able people I'd met that were touring musicians. We were just all into the same kind of stuff and made some great memories hanging out.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm not that familiar with the band's history and didn't realize Before It Caves was more recent then No Sanctuary. Thought NS was way better

10. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

That's awesome!

Kids is my favorite of theirs as well. I don't dislike the change in sound after Kids it just didn't hit me as hard.