Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Firewatch Comes to the Mac

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

One of my favorite games from the past year, Firewatch, has come to the Mac App Store.

The year is 1989. You are a man named Henry who has retreated from his messy life to work as a fire lookout in the Wyoming wilderness. Perched high atop a mountain, it’s your job to look for smoke and keep the wilderness safe. An especially hot, dry summer has everyone on edge. Your supervisor Delilah is available to you at all times over a small, handheld radio—your only contact with the world you’ve left behind. But when something strange draws you out of your lookout tower and into the forest, you’ll explore a wild and unknown environment, facing questions and making choices that can build or destroy the only meaningful relationship you have.

2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

This game is really special

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Really dug this game. Jason, do you play a lot of games like this?

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. transrebel59

Regular

In my top 10 games of the year. Recommended if you're into walking simulators.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Not enough. But these are right in my wheelhouse.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  6. jeff.dart

Regular

Picked this up for cheap for the ps4 during a flash sale...will play it when i finally move on from my ps3 games.

7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I only have Intel HD 4000 on a Mac at the moment. Will that do?

Been meaning to play this (also The Witness and Inside)

8. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Picked this up for Xbox One for $12 and I am really enjoying it so far. Been waiting for this one ever since it was announced just never had a PS4. Still don't(but prob will this year).

9. transrebel59

Regular

I don't know much about gaming on Mac but check out Requirements Test to see if you meet the requirements. Firewatch is a must play so I hope you are able to run it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Downloaded this for $11.99 last week on Xbox One. Have heard nothing but good things about this.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Firewatch has been out on Mac (through Steam) since the game has been out. What you mean is "Firewatch comes to the Mac App Store", though I don't see why anyone would buy a game on there instead of Steam.

Great game by the way.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. albatrossskyer

w00tSTAR Worldwide

Really had high hopes for this one, but agree that it was a let down in the end. Finished in 3 hours, and felt the ending was somewhat of a cop out. Seemed more like a demo for what the game could have been, and feel that the price was unfair for the content or story.

13. The Lucky Moose

To be fair all games are too cheap compared to costs/risks, it's a problen for te whole industry

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Think I'm gonna get this on pc since it's on sale on Steam anyway.

15. beckerm6

game shits itself 2/3 of the way through.

16. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Have this on PS4. Need to play it finally.

17. RoKKeR

The Fly

Played this the other day on Xbox One, really interesting game. A few shortcomings (especially with the story falling apart near the end) and some performance issues, but it is a very unique and intriguing game with a great hook and wonderful voice acting.

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I did not enjoy this game.

19. Gotta read the full post ...

[​IMG]

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

I know, I know, the headline is still wrong though.

21. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

If you have a PS3/PS4 try Last Of Us. Last of Us is an action game, but the story is the reason everyone raves about it. There's also a pretty good incomparable with Siracusa about it. Uncharted is a similar cinematic game, but more popcorn'y.

The Telltale games are also pretty good. Walking Dead S1 is pretty cheap and a fun ride.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. transrebel59

Regular

Not disagreeing with you but I feel only calling s1 of TWD "a fun ride" is a total disservice to that game. In my opinion, it's one of the best stories ever told in a video game.

23. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I beat it in 1 small, and 1 larger sitting yesterday and today. Pretty sure that's my game of the year. Incredible to me.