Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avril Lavigne Wants Mark Zuckerburg to Not Bully Nickelback

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I've never been a big Nickelback fan myself but I never understood the hate, there are way worse bands out there.

3. defmytones

Regular

People get so butt hurt over absolutely anything these days. I highly doubt anyone out there that enjoys Nickelback is going to stop listening to them because Mark Zuckerburg made a lighthearted jab at them. Wahhhhhhh

Hazelnutsack, Sybil, ChaseTx and 3 others like this.
  4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Missed opportunity to make that response tweet "look at this photograph"

5. Woohoo! Dec 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 22, 2016)
    Woohoo!

Regular

If you are genuinely concerned about legitimate bullying, you wouldn't compare poking a little fun at millionaires to kids who get picked on relentlessly.

ChaseTx and Raku like this.
  6. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Dear Mark Zuckerburg,

Don't have and opinion.

Regards,
    Avril

mattylikesfilms and Raku like this.
  7. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

wot

ChaseTx, Raku and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  8. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I had to stop reading after "bullying". This society has gotten way too weak. Hope Kroger has a "safe space" he can retreat to since his little feelings could be hurt now from Mark the big bad bully. This overly offended about everything and overreacting shit gets worse by the month I swear. You want to talk bullying, she dumbs it down and puts stuff like this on the same playing field as the kids who get the shit kicked out of them by school mates or parents but then again just like racism people love to overuse the terms.

Raku and murdoc like this.
  9. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Wot

FTank, Hazelnutsack, Penguin and 5 others like this.
  10. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

What a time to be alive.

How much has the whole "Everyone hates Nickleback" stuff REALLY affected them.

Raku likes this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Are they like James Blunt on twitter where they're in on the joke or are they defensive about it. I've never followed them to know.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Jason Tate like this.
  12. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

[​IMG]

This picture of Chad makes me uncomfortable so I got Zuckerberg's back.

Raku, chewbacca110, ConArdist and 2 others like this.
  13. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly, think the joke is old and tired now. Don't care much for defending zuck. But I will say she's over doing it by calling it bullying, and trivializing the issue.

Schooner, Hazelnutsack, Raku and 5 others like this.
  14. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Out of curiosity, where did the joke even originate from? Like I get they're not the greatest band ever/eye roll worthy when it comes on out of the blue but I don't see a lot of terrible bands get as much hate as them. Like who is responsible for the explosion of the "Everyone hates Nickleback" popularity? lol

I mean this is kinda one of the things I can see being a thing that helps to sustain it for sure, and this was on Avril, not them lol.

Raku, ChaseTx and lightning13 like this.
  15. gbuffers

England.

Avril Lavigne attempting to completely diminish the meaning of bullying there.

Raku and ChaseTx like this.
  16. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

They've always been a punchline but at least they've always taken it in good stride. They even acknowledge that the critics have kept them more relevant over the years

That said, I don't think people really view them as bad as the joke makes out (except when 'Rockstar' was on heavy radio rotation). Nickelback can take a light-hearted joke.

Raku likes this.
  17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Nickelback sucks.

18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Don't listen to them.

19. JM95

Trusted

The burden of proof's on her to show that there is at least one good Nickelback song.

Raku likes this.
  20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Kroeger's bullied us w/ bad music long enough.

Carmensaopaulo and Raku like this.
  21. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

What's strange is "everyone" hates them, but they're huge. There's lots of closeted Nickelback fans lol

Bayside 182 likes this.
  22. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I'm guessing Sk8tr Boi won't be jamming in the Zuck house anytime soon either...

Raku likes this.
  23. BradBradley

Regular

24. BradBradley

Regular

Good take.

25. BradBradley

Regular

Best take.

ConArdist likes this.