Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Dec. 16th, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Not a whole lot coming out this week, but if you hit read more you can see all the releases we have in our calendar. Hit the quote bubble to access our forums and talk about what came out today, what albums you picked up, and to make mention of anything we may have missed.

Cattle – Nature’s Champion
    Kid Cudi – Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin’
    Little Simz – Stillness In Wonderland
    Margate – Snow Day EP
    Michael Angelakos – Merry Christmas, Mr. Fields
    Schiller – Future
    The Lox – Filthy America…It’s Beautiful

2. HalfHearted

Regular

Definitely checking out The Lox this morning, didn't even know that was coming out.

3. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Machinae Supremacy
    Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
    Scrap Iron
    The Future Portrait
    Vesen

4. CMilliken

Trusted

Pretty sure this year is over for me. As crappy as the year has been in just about every aspect, it did not disappoint musically.

5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

The Return of East Atlanta Santa is what matters most.

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Did Kid Cudi go back to hip hop or is he still trying to be the next Kurt Cobain?

7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Never heard of Margate until this post but just checked them out and its pretty good stuff. Good pop rock

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

He's definitely on his old sound. I'm really liking it actually but it is overly long

9. Eml182

Regular

New Face to Face re-issues are out today. Big Choice gets my vote for most improved. They did a fantastic job modernizing this recording.

Net effect is that they removed a lot of the echo-reverb that plagued these songs. For anyone trying to get what I mean, listen to the beginning of "It's Not Over" on the original recording and listen for the echo on Trevor's voice during the vocal intro, that has been completely eliminated so it sounds like a silent background on both vocals and music. This album doesn't sound like it was recorded in a cave anymore.

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

spill and gucci

KidLightning likes this.
  11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

The Spill record is great. Highly recommended –

cwhit likes this.
  12. CheapPop

Regular

Listened to The Lox album on the way home from work and loved every second of it. Also checked out The Cudi album. It's good, but it way too long. Shits almost An hour and a half long and 19 tracks.