Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trump Team Dangled Ambassadorships to Lure A-List Inauguration Singers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Wrap:

The bookers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said they were approached by members of Trump’s Presidential Inaugural Committee in recent weeks with offers of cash or even plush diplomatic posts in exchange for locking in singers.

LOL.

2. trip9

I don't understand why a big band doesn't accept and then play something really politically charged. I mean that would pretty much be the most punk thing ever. Take a page from Green Room and get up there and play Nazi Punks Fuck Off. I'm sure people would be more than willing to donate and offset the fines.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Jason Tate like this.
  3. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Lupe Fiasco basically did this

4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

So I'm guessing they'll book Kid Rock, 3 Doors Down and (possibly) Kanye?

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. Casanova Frankenstein

"Bookers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity". Great reporting there. This entire thing could be made up or fake. Why not come forword and show emails or texts? Trump's team would know who they are anyway.

Then they put some celebrities who are big time Democrats in the picture. I'm fairly certain the Trump team doesn't expect Beyonce and Katy at the event. Making it more click bait enticing.

ARX39 likes this.