Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘War for the Planet of of the Apes’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. IT LOOKS SO INCREDIBLE

3. defmytones

Regular

Cant wait! Absolutely loved the last two films. But I'm confused on something.... is this trilogy a prequel to the original film with Charlton Heston or is this it's own timeline?

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think these are supposed to be prequels. I believe they reference the space mission from the original at the beginning of the first film.

5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Hyped. Both Rise and Dawn were really solid movies, I'm confident that this third chapter will be as good as its predecessors.

6. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

This is part of the same timeline/trilogy as the one with James Franco, right?

7. Rise was good and Dawn was great. This looks amazing.

8. shawnhyphenray

Regular

They're definitely shaping up to be a prequel to the original film.

9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Rise and Dawn were amazing and I expect nothing less with this one.

10. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

This series is its own canon/timeline/whatever you want to call it. In the original films, Cornelius and Zira go back in time, landing in then-modern America. Caesar is their child, and is brought up in a world where intelligent apes are treated essentially like slaves. I think it pays homage well to the original movies, but it's pretty hard to squeeze it into the same timeline imo.

Loved Rise and thought Dawn was O.K. Ironically, the things I don't like about Rise were all improved upon in Dawn. (Let's be real, Dawn is the best looking Apes film to date, and no James Franco is always a plus.) I just felt like the story pacing were much weaker. I'm hoping this one will be better, but after hearing how Rupert Wyatt left because he wasn't given the time to make Dawn properly and that the screenwriters of the first two movies are no longer in the picture (Can't say I'm a fan of Bomback's.), I have my doubts. I did like the scene in the trailer of Caesar on the beach, thought it was a nice throwback to the original. From what I'm seeing so far, it just looks like more of the same.

11. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

This looks like a good movie to catch on theater this weekend. The trailer is well-executed and looks like this one has a better story compared to the past Planet of the Apes film. Film critiques have a big expectation in this movie. What do you guys think?

12. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Much more excited now that reviews and more footage is out. I was worried Harrelson's character might be a one-dimensional evil villain, but from what I hear, he's great in it.