Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Ok, really I just want a place to talk about beer. Favorites, brewery recommendations, and even brewing techniques if people want.

Some of my favorites:
    • Lagunitas IPA
    • Deschutes River Ale
    • Deschutes Fresh Squeezed
    • 10 Barrel Brewing Pub Beer
    • New Belgium Snapshot
    • Bridgeport Conviction
    • McMenamins Hammerhead
    • Deschutes Mirror Pond
    • Ninkasi Total Domination IPA
    • Bridgeport IPA
    • Ninkasi Wunderbier
    • Ninkasi Pravada
    • Red Hook ESB
    • Full Sail Amber
    • Breakside IPA
    • Bridgeport Longball Ale

2. Jason Tate Jan 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Jan 16, 2016)
    [​IMG]

Also I wanted to post a picture of my beer tonight.

damijoo likes this.
  3. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

I'm a fan of New Belgium Snapshot. Though I prefer Fat Tire. Full Sail Amber also sounds up my alley. Thanks for the recommendations.

4. Love that the spam filter caught that post ^ -- even though it was a false positive, it worked!

5. was wondering why it said "waiting for approval" after posting. makes sense though since I added a bunch of links. :P

6. Yeah, after the spam infestation on AP.net over the past ... year? ... I refuse to let that happen again.

@scott :beer:

scott likes this.
  7. I think I need a beer tonight.

Hmmmmm.

Wondering what to pick up at the store. Gonna see if the local mart has that new New Belgium seasonal -- I think it's citrusy.

8. noxee

Regular Prestigious

@Jason Tate looks like I'm going to be in Portland for a couple of days at the start of July. Any recommendations on local breweries or watering holes to checkout?

Also to contribute to this thread I'm currently drinking Parallel 49's Salty Scot. It's a Sea Salted Caramel Scotch Ale and it's frickin delicious.

9. I have an entire "Portland" blog I wrote ... it's just ... well, not accessible to the public yet. But, it will be soon! Let me see what breweries are on it:

Ground Kontrol: First, it’s pronounced “Cooch Street” – I know, it’s weird. It’s basically an 1980’s style arcade and bar. There’s two stories of classic videogames, pinball, and good drinks.

Cascade Brewing: Fun brew-pub with good beer and small plates.

Deschutes Brewing: One of my favorite breweries in Portland. They’ve got great beers, a pretty good taster price, and decent food. If you hit up Powell’s in the afternoon it’s a simple walk to be enjoying happy hour just a few hours later.

Lucky Lab: Another fun brewery with good beer, good pizza, and it’s dog friendly.

Bridgeport Brewing: Fantastic beers, good food, and where I’m constantly stopping by to get a growler filled up.

APEX: A really fun taproom and beer garden. Bring cash. (1216 SE Division)

Lompoc Tavern: A small little local tavern with good beer and food.

Pope House Bourbon Lounge: It’s basically a Kentucky-themed bar in a Victorian house. There’s whiskey, beer, and a southern-influenced menu. (2075 NW Glisan Street)

Coopers Hall: It’s a winery dedicated to keg production. Yep, not something you usually see. It’s unique and a really cool location. (404 SE 6th Ave)

The Liquor Store: I think they make the best gin and tonic in the city.

noxee likes this.
  10. noxee

Regular Prestigious

That is an awesome list of recommendations, thanks! I'm now going to be sitting here refreshing the chorus.fm link so I can see what else to do in Portland (when I saw that you had a blog post I was like "good job Warren, way to pay attention...")

11. Hahaha. Soon!

12. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I was finally able to track down this mixed four-pack from Terrapin yesterday, I'm curious to see how big, if any, of a taste difference there is between each one.
    [​IMG]

Vincentbiz likes this.
  13. Trying this guy tonight.

New Belgium's "Citradelic" - a tangerine IPA.

IMG_7278.JPG

Vincentbiz likes this.
  14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Citradelic sounds wonderful.

15. It's pretty good. It's like an IPA with some citrus in it. Heh.

16. I toured this brewery in Miami last year called Funky Buddha, and they have a spring seasonal blood orange IPA, it was so delicious.

17. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I started bartending at a new pour house in Minneapolis called City Works. We have 120 taps and our grand opening is on Wednesday. I'm so excited to work at a place that not only appreciates my beer enthusiasm, but is as eager about the product itself as well. Such a sick place. We have two taps that aren't available anywhere else in the country, which absolutely blew me away. Food is great too, as a little cherry on top.

18. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

@scott have you been to night shift out in everett? or mead hall out in cambridge?

19. haven't been to either, but some of my friends have been to night shift a few times and they love it there

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Not sure how helpful this thread will be for me across the Atlantic but I'm always on the lookout for good beer.

Vincentbiz likes this.
  21. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah nightshift is ace. had a company party there a while back, good time. meadhall is great too - something like 150 beers on tap

22. It's a good excuse to come over here!

Vincentbiz and Nick like this.
  23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

went to union craft on friday, good stuff. flying dog is almost definitely my favorite local brewery though

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Overall I'm not a huge fan of Sierra Nevada's basic offerings, but I was recommended these and grabbed a couple today to try out. Big fan of gose and the inclusion of grapefruit and cactus is super intriguing to me

[​IMG]

azgroup and Vincentbiz like this.