Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

We do not want our forums to become crowded with hundreds of self-promoting threads, so, this thread is dedicated for self-promotion. If you have a band, website, or something that you are trying to promote: it belongs in here.

2. Sophos

Regular

soundcloud.com/sophos34
    soundcloud.com/phortress

;)

3. troyplaysbass Feb 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 7, 2020)
  4. nfdv2 Mar 6, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016)
    nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

5. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Live From The Red Room - 12/5/15, by As Gideon Weeps

this is my bandcamp page

wish that this (or wherever/whatever this kind of thing goes) could become a more respected place than on the last forum. I would never check it because it was too many people registering just to promote/lot of spam. It's really hard to gain any sort of traction over the internet because of this. All these people who just want the end result without participating in the conversation. I would be much more inclined to check out a community of people sharing music than a deserted forum of copy and pasted messages. Probably not anyway to help it, just my hopes. I work hard at creating music and would like a receptive place to share it.

6. Sophos

Regular

yeah i want a thread, perhaps this will be fitting, for musicians and creators to just shoot the shit and post their stuff and talk about techniques and whatever else pertaining to their craft.

Atroposy Bulgaria, Smads, Rfn and 3 others like this.
  7. Sophos

Regular

like id love to learn about yalls songwriting process

8. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

agree
    agree with this and i'm kind of hoping for a creator's forum restricted to prestigious members or members with a certain join date where people can talk about songwriting and musicianship and recording and share their art and get feedback. was thinking of a thread not just for sharing sites but where you post a specific piece and give feedback on the one posted above you, and hopefully that will lead to discussion about art instead of just being a site dump

Smads, Rick Sihl and Isaac like this.
  9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I post a lot of clips of myself playing on my Instagram (evaplaysthedrums) and am Anna Acosta's drummer. Excited to have some live videos/studio stuff from that to share with everyone.

Echit MR, Rfn, Tehila and 2 others like this.
  10. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I try to write a song from every angle, starting with different kind of fragments ( of sound, melody, or lyrics ) and that sort of sets me on the path. I feel like songs should sort of be like a starfish, if you cut off a piece it can regenerate into it's own starfish. I just have to figure out what comes naturally out of what I already have.

Yeah that's the problem the old forum just became a wasteland and no one real was even there, it's just such a target for spam and the only way around it would be heavy moderators or making it more exclusive. I like the idea of a prestigious forum place, I would just be sad if I wanted to share and discuss my music but didn't have 15,000 posts but idk
    it could be really cool and be a great resource for some people

Rfn, ProMacK and Isaac like this.
  11. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

MayLong, by MayLong

This is my music. this stuff is pretty outdated. i have a LOT of stuff i need to record. im just bad at recording and trying to plan how i want to get everything done right now.

12. Meerkat

You don't even have to ask. I actually have a few of their songs in rotation for the repertoire part of my practice routine.

Echit MR, Anon. and Isaac like this.
  13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Guess I should sub to this.

14. Meerkat

15. bradsonemanband Mar 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
  16. Jacob Tender Mar 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2016)
  17. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Running through City Mouth and really digging that stuff. Awesome job man! Looking forward to the other project.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  18. Thanks!

19. Corey Putney Mar 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2016)
    Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

This is a demo of a song I wrote about a month ago after spending about two hours watching live videos of The 1975 before the new record was out - some obvious nods to them throughout. Vocals are rough and heavy on the autotune but I'll re-record them when I get around to finishing the rest of the album.

This is a demo of a song I wrote back in September.

These are a couple instrumentals of songs I still need to write lyrics to.

And this is an album myself and a buddy of mine made over the summer - we shared production and split the vocals.

Isaac likes this.
  20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

r0m4n44 likes this.
  21. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

22. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Reminds me I need to look through your stuff for next release haha

23. Sophos

Regular

fuck yes i cant wait! we're gonna make some magic

24. Sophos

Regular

i have so many beats for you lol i will put together a massive zip of potential beats for you to use

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

this is cool