Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Miles Davis Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Wharf Rat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Miles Dewey Davis III (May 26, 1926 – September 28, 1991), better known as Miles Davis was an American jazz musician, trumpeter, bandleader, and composer. Widely considered one of the most influential and innovative musicians of the 20th century, Miles Davis was, together with his musical groups, at the forefront of several major developments in jazz music, including bebop, cool jazz, hard bop, modal jazz, post-bop and jazz fusion.

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Sketches of Spain is goddamn gorgeous.

3. Wharf Rat

It's so beautiful. I almost wish he had kept going in that Third Stream vein, but it's hard to be mad at the path his career took

4. Wharf Rat

You're right. Hell yeah

schlotty likes this.
  5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Motherfucker, Porgy and Bess is so good.

6. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

been getting into the Gil Evans stuff recently, on Miles Ahead at the moment. Porgy and Bess will be next

Anyone have any takes/thoughts on listening to this stuff in mono vs. stereo?

7. Wharf Rat

I think a lot of the stereo mixes from back then are pretty bad. Like panning half the instruments all the way one way and the rest all the way other way. It's silly and outdated

Aregala likes this.