Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (First Beta Testing) [ARCHIVED] Bug

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Melody Bot Jan 5, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Please post any bugs that you come across in this thread.

Things that will help: As much of a description of the bug as possible. What you were doing when it occurred, what page you were on, and information about what browser, operating system, and device you were using when it happened. If screenshots are helpful in describing the issue, please include them.

If you have suggestions or future feature ideas for the forums, please use this thread.

2. Keagan Ilvonen

[​IMG]

Nothing major, but when I go under the prefix option under edit title, it's not showing the prefix selection. It shows them when they drop down, but not normally as seen in the picture. Running on a windows in chrome.

3. I don't have a Windows machine around, but I think I know why that was happening -- did my change fix it?

4. Keagan Ilvonen

Still looking the same.

5. Keagan Ilvonen

Pretty much haha. Just using this because I haven't had the extra money to get a mac.

6. Hahahahha. I'll see if I can figure that out tomorrow. I'm going for beer and some TV for tonight.

7. Are you on a mobile device? There's no reason you'd have to post reply more than once unless the click just didn't register.

There's definitely no DNS issues on this end. That's coming from your network if anything.

8. Not quite sure what you mean. Which notification link?

9. Just a small thing: The Facebook links on the full profile pages point to facebook.com/[chorus.fm username] instead of the Facebook username. The links in the pop-up profiles (or whatever the thing is called when you just click on an avatar) are right though.

10. Yep! Fixed. Thanks!

troyplaysbass likes this.
  11. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Is there a way to link to an individual post similar to how e can do that one on say post #1120 in a thread on AP? Say I click "Saturday at 2:50 PM" on your post - should that do that? I can't figure out if I'm just missing it.

12. Correct. The date is the permalink to the specific post.

13. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Ah working now. Don't know what was going on.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

This could be a me problem, but I've noticed sometimes when switching between my iPhone and MacBook Pro that my computer will periodically fail to load the forums. The main site still loads with its "will return soon" message and the forum never has issues on mobile.

Like I said, could very well be a "me" problem, but it does seem a bit strange.

15. I'll take a look, I know that the host's datacenter has had a few issues in the past few weeks, so maybe that's what it was. I'll check the logs tomorrow to see if I see anything.

16. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

bandcamp embeds not working in status updates

17. Yeah, I removed auto embeds in statuses. I think it works better as URLs.

18. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

[​IMG]
    Something similar was mentioned previously, but just thought I'd post this despite it not being huge: in the mini menu for preferences (when you click username from where ever on the forums) things like timezone don't show up in the box, only when you click the arrow to open the dropdown menu.

Using Firefox on Macbook Pro.

20. seems like the styling of page numbers is sometimes wonky in threads with a bunch of pages:

[​IMG]

21. also, is there a max file size for avatars? I'll try to upload an image and nothing will happen, I don't know if the file is too large or what. trying to upload a higher quality image since this one is kinda pixelated.

22. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

50kb max.

23. @scott @Kyle Huntington

I hadn't updated that for some reason, it should be set to 200kb max now.

Also now Sonic looks great.

scott likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.