Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread 4: The Ruethless Aggression Era

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

bigmike likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It wouldn't let me post more videos.

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

love the title

preppyak and Ruethless like this.
  4. Shrek

Henry, Oddpac87, tucah and 1 other person like this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I got box seating row 1 for Takeover fuck y'all

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Shrek likes this.
  7. devenstonow

Noobie

whoah there we got a new thread? let's kick it off with Meltzer replying to a twitter question from a throwaway account of mine

8. Shrek

...should we tell him, guys?

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hey @LuigiPeppercorn I put a hurtin on a bunch of geeks in Smash last night. Coming for ya

10. Ruethless

King of Europe

Love the title.

Also love that the last post of the old thread was Mark telling Dan to make better life choices.

Oddpac87 and Shrek like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Dan you put controllers in front of your stuffed animals and turned the game on

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

perfect title

can't wait for takeover and will begrudgingly watch summerslam even though i have absolutely no idea what is going on with the main roster outside of scrolling on twitter and the approximately ten minutes of television i have seen in the past month or so

Shrek likes this.
  14. Shrek

i have also seen nothing outside of one Raw and streamable clips, but i feel like it will be a good show

tucah likes this.
  15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

sadly i know better than to look at the card and hope/assume it'll be a good show (especially considering recent main roster ppv quality) but yeah, it's a decent card on paper. would love to be pleasantly surprised!

Shrek likes this.
  16. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Why would you make a thread title that Ed can claim is about him? Do you have any idea what you’ve done?

oldjersey, Ruethless and Shrek like this.
  17. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Good thing about Summerslam is it doesnt seem most of the matches have obvious endings. There's only 2 of 13 matches that are a lock. And only another 2-3 that seem likely to go one way

So they at least have a chance of making this interesting...compared to Extreme Rules, which had mostly obvious endings, and the "surprises" they went with were comically bad

tucah likes this.
  18. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Catching up on Lucha Underground, im not sure there's a show that does "stakes" better. To win Gift of the Gods this year, and become #1 contender, you had to win 1 of 7 matches for a medallion. Then you had to survive the Battle Royale elimination. Then you had to be a part of the winning trios team, then win the resulting triple threat. All at the whims of an authority figure, while protecting people (Mil, Ivelisse) and advancing other story lines (Trios titles).

WWE is so bad in comparison, where you can lose at a PPV, then win a match and be #1 contender. Or you can lose 95% of the time and still get into Tag Team Turmoil match for the title. TV matches rarely cost anyone anything...they usually just add people to a match

19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i cant believe we have a new thread and no gifs have been posted yet. i'll start

[​IMG]

Shrek, tucah, Ruethless and 3 others like this.
  20. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Can we make that gif the thread title somehow?

oldjersey and Shrek like this.
  21. Ruethless

King of Europe

[​IMG]

22. Shrek

i think this is the happiest i've ever been

LuigiPeppercorn, Henry and Oddpac87 like this.
  23. Shrek

i legit want Brock to win so badly because i need to see how WWE justifies a fifth match

preppyak likes this.
  24. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

"Brock may have won last night, but this is my yard and I'm not going down without a fight."

*next 6 Mania main events booked*

Shrek likes this.
  25. preppyak

Elite Supporter

[​IMG]

Though a Roman/Brock HIAC match could actually be interesting.

Shrek likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.