Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Purity Ring - LP3 (TBA)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Jul 23, 2017.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Feel like people were all super meh on another eternity. I really loved it...thought it was better than their debut actually.

Larry David, AngryMan, janexo and 2 others like this.
  3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It's amazing

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

last record sucked, hopes this recovers

Joel likes this.
  5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

You're not welcome in my thread

@Joel i see u too

bedwettingcosmo and whitenblue88 like this.
  6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

really like their first album. haven't listened to the second one, really. lyrics are a bit much sometimes but I generally like their vibe. hopefully this is good

7. cwhit

last one stopped doing everything I adored about the debut, the hip hop/witch house influences were muted and the intimacy of the debut was magical, the live setup and how massive and bloated it was relative to the little lanterns is perfectly representative of what I think the issue was on this record

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

There's definitely elements of the debut I missed, but I also adored the giant, sweeping sound of most of the new songs. It's totally an album that I understand why people don't fuck with it as much. But I also think there could have been diminishing returns if they just stuck with the sound of the debut. I hope they do something different again because I can't really see an extension of Another Eternity turning out amazing either.

I can't tell, you didn't like the live show for that album? It's the only cycle I've seen them on, but I loved it. But I also saw it at a tiny student club in Warsaw which kind of added to how special it felt.

9. cwhit

i didn't actually see them live but I saw some of the tv performances and th setup sort of bummed me out. I saw them do one of my favorite shows ever, a pitchfork aftershow with Born Gold (one of the wildest live performers I've ever seen) a month before shrines came out and I was blown away. The vibe of everything surrounding that album is so intimate and that's probably why I was so attached to it.

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I enjoyed Another Eternity but yeah, I hope this goes back to the darker(?) sounding stuff

11. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Stranger Than Earth and Stillness In Woe are really good songs, but everything else on the last album was pretty underwhelming

I Am Mick likes this.
  12. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I was moreso liking the beef that was being cooked in this thread but I truthfully don't remember a single thing about LP2, I'll relisten soon maybe I'll like it!

brandon_260 and cwhit like this.
  13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly I'm probably just bitter that this band hit the spotlight and Born Gold (the best live act of all time bar none) continues to exist in the shadows

cwhit likes this.
  14. cwhit

that born gold set still blows my mind. that light up suit thing is the most unbelievable form of performing i have ever seen in my life

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

The four times I've had the pleasure of seeing them (once with that extraordinary jacket) are the four best shows I've ever been to, really hoping Cecil is still working on stuff

cwhit likes this.
  16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

fuck yessss

17. Horrorca

Trusted

I'm excited

first one is clearly the better one but lp2 is cool too

also bring back witch house plz - Salem is like amazing

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious